Su Casa Columbus is a non-profit organization that strives to help and serve its Latino community, so that all Latino’s feel welcome and safe, with equal access to opportunities that encourage a sense of pride and belonging.
Su Casa Columbus was founded in 1999 as a response to the increase of Latin American immigrants arriving to Columbus. The majority of these immigrants had limited English proficiency. Su Casa was established to provide a helping hand and remove barriers to make essential services in our community accessible for those families.
Su Casa Columbus is set to serve as a catalyst to facilitate the interaction of the Latino Community within Bartholomew County and help them to become more productive in a shorter period of time.
Su Casa is a cross-cultural bridge connecting Hispanic and non-Hispanic communities of Bartholomew County, working to:
- Increase Latino self-sufficiency; economic independence and community building through advocacy, educational attainment and greater access to community resources.
- Bring people together in ways that benefit both Latino and non-Latino residents.
We look forward to serving you!
- Sylvia Babcock: Executive Director
Direct # 812-314-2716/ Cell # 812-374-7548
- Julia Lopez: Office Manager/Customer Service
Office # 812-375-9370/Direct # 812-314-2740
- Magda Gamez: Customer service
Office # 812-375-9370/ Direct # 812-314-2719
Board of Directors 2016
- Eduardo Martinez, Board President – Cummins, General Manager Remanufacturing
- Richard Gold, Board Vice-President – Brainstorm Print, President & Owner
- Donald Jackson, Board Treasurer – Cummins, VP and Treasurer
- Angelina Rodriguez, Board Secretary – Cummins, Global Enterprise Planning Director
- Angela Adams, Indiana University, Associate General Counsel
- Anna Brady-Estevez, Cummins, Corporate Strategy Director
- Chad Phillips, Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation, Title 1 Director
- Judy Rodriguez, Elwood Staffing, Director of Field Operation
- Luz Elena Michel, Columbus Education Coalition, Latino Outreach
- Tom Thornburg, Sacoma, President
- Rogelio Reyes, Cummins, Finance Process Improvement Manager